1 Day Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi
Top Destinations/Parks to Visit:
- Bwindi Forest National ParkThe Impenetrable Forest of Mountain Gorillas
- Entebbe International AirportFor your flight departure & arrival plans
Activities to do on this Safari:
- Gorilla Tracking in Bwindi
- Bird watching
Gorilla trekking is one of the popular safari activities, with many tourists’ planning a gorilla trekking safari in Uganda to meet these wild giants. Gorilla trekking is an unpredictable activity since mountain gorillas are in their natural habitat and movement is not limited. It could take 2 or 8 hours to find the gorillas however, only one hour can be spent with the mountain gorillas. There several rules to follow during a gorilla trekking safari for instance keep a 7 meters distance from the gorillas. Within the forest are numerous bird species and a lot of wild species that you could come along. The forest has a diverse number of tree species and flowers.
Gorilla trekking starts early morning at 08:00am from the headquarters. Its done in groups of 8 tourists in each group divided during the briefing in the morning. Gorilla trekking can be done throughout the year but the best time is during the months of June-July and December to February when it’s a bit drier in the forest.
Bwindi impenetrable national park is the only single habitat in the world with the biggest number of mountain gorillas in one country-Uganda. It has since 1993 after opening the Buhoma gorilla trekking sector been the popular Uganda gorilla safari destination.
The gorilla trekking activity requires hiking therefore being physically fit before the trek could make the trek easy and lessen the pains after the trek. Gorillas live in high altitudes of about 1,190-2,600m above sea level.
For a 1-day gorilla safari in Bwindi, the safari starts from either Kisoro or Kabale and ends in the same towns. It is basically applicable to tourists around the national park who can access the park headquarters early morning. The early morning transfer is done by your guide from your hotel or area of residence at 6:00am after your breakfast from the hotel. In case you need a wake-up call in the morning, then the hotel can do it for you after prior communication. The driver will transfer you to your Uganda gorilla trekking tour destination for briefing before 8:00am. During the briefing you are allocated a certain group and a trekking stick is allocated.
After finally meeting the gorillas, each tourist is awarded with a gorilla trekking certificate in recognition of undertaking the activity.
Other activities that can be done after the trek can be either a forest walk, the Batwa cultural experience or boat cruise at Lake Bunyonyi. These activities depend on the time the gorilla trekking activity is completed.
Gorilla trekking package prices are inclusive of;
- A gorilla trekking permit ($600) paid for prior the gorilla trek for bookings.
- Park entry fees.
- 4×4 Wheel drive safari vehicle for transportation from your hotel to the tracking point and back inclusive of fuel.
- A professional driver guide who will do the driving to where you are, pick you up, do all the guiding, answer all your questions and transport you back to your hotel.
- Food and drinking water can be included in the cost if you are not able to pack it yourself. Taking lunch depends on when you will see the gorillas. If you see gorillas early you can have lunch at your hotel but if it takes long to see the gorillas you can eat your packed lunch in the forest.
Gorilla trekking tour packages excluded include all those for personal item purchases like souvenirs, tips and extra drinks that were unplanned for.
A Uganda gorilla trekking safari package cost can be customized to fit your desires by the best gorilla safari tour operators in Bwindi impenetrable national park.
What to wear for a 1-day gorilla trekking safari in Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Wear light colored neutral safari clothing
- Trekking shoes
- Long sleeved shirt and trousers
- Hand gloves
- A hat
- Rain coat
- Insect repellent
Plan your 1-day gorilla trekking safari in Bwindi today and have the best ever gorilla trekking experience.
Interested in this tour?
Or Send us a direct email to: email@example.com
- Local Flight from Entebbe to Kihihi – Western Uganda
- Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Nature Treks & Jungle Safari
Best Time to Visit
The best wildlife viewing months in Uganda and Rwanda are during the Dry seasons from June to August and December to February. Primate walks in the forest are a big part of any safari in Rwanda. The habitat of rainforests is, by default, very wet, and one can’t avoid rain completely.
How to Obtain Tourist Entry Visa
The most easier way of getting a visa to Uganda is by purchasing it at the entry point, Entebbe Airport or any border station. This is very possible for tourists. All you need to do is pay USD 50, fill in the application form with passport dates and information. The visa fee of USD 50 usually runs for 90 days.